What’s this page?
This is the about page, as it states. And because I don’t have enough fame or money, I’m going to interview myself. For you. So that the about page can actually tell you more about me.
Yeah, and who’s you?
I’m Dylan Kwok. I’m a blogger (semi-frequently), an author (in brief moments of inspiration), a game designer, animator, and iOS app developer (who doesn’t know a line of code).
What’s this website about?
A long, long, time ago, the primary purpose of this website was to blog, and the blog posts were featured prominently in the landing page.
Then I learnt art.
Nowadays the landing page is there to feature my latest artsy-fartsy stuff, but I do continue to blog occassionally.
What’s with the name?
Well, back when I was five (give or take a decade), my uncle asked my brother and I what the biggest number we knew was. My brother gave some big number with a lot of nines in it. I said, “Sixty-four”. But no, I don’t actually have sixty-four opinions here.
What have you done?
Besides running this blog, I have also
- Written and published several short stories (check them out here)
- Designed a board game (with another one in progress)
- Designed an app (well, an iOS Sticker Pack, but that’s close enough. There are more in progress)
- Made a bunch of short films (watch them on my channel)
Okay, so we know you can’t do a proper interview. (In more ways than one.) But let’s see your best writing.
Well, I’m not sure what really classifies as my best writing. Of course, you could say my school essays which get 100% could be good writing, but I say that they’re jargon filled drivel (with a reading level of Grade 13), or you could say that my best writing is my posts with the most views, or you could even say that my best writing was that homework I sold to a magazine awhile back.
But since you’re here, here are some of my best articles that shouldn’t require too much background knowledge about anything to read. (If you really do want to find my best article, well, I’m not sure which one that it, but if you read through all my articles, you’ll probably find it.)
- Why I hate Google (And why you should too)
- Here’s how I created an app—without knowing a single line of code
- Why adult colouring books are stupid (and why you shouldn’t use them)
- What’s the difference between art and science?
So is that all?
Err, yes. Are we done the interview now?
What if I have more questions to ask?
My Twitter handle is @kwok_dylan. You can tweet me from there.